In the year 2019, cosmetic surgical procedures are growing abruptly according to the reports published by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). Several stat reports have been observed and it has been found that around 18 million people went through cosmetic surgeries in the country which is 250,000 more than the year 2017. Among the top five procedures in 2018, the liposuction procedure has been identified as the most popular technique.
Types of Liposuction procedure
Liposuction is also popular as Lipoplasty which is basically a fat removal surgical procedure that works by breaking up and suctioning fats from the body. This practice is mostly used to remove fat deposits from the chin, neck, arms, cheeks, abdomen, stomach, thighs, etc. People not only undergo liposuction procedures to enhance their appearance but also to treat some medical conditions. There are 4 types of Liposuction techniques-
- Tumescent Liposuction (fluid injection)- Tumescent liposuction involves injecting a mixture of medical solution that helps to liquefy the fatty tissues before being vacuum suctioned out. The blended medical solution is a mixture of Anesthesia, epinephrine and IV solution that helps in speeding up the fat removal procedure.
- Super wet technique- In this procedure, the same mixture of the medical solution is injected in a smaller amount. The best part about this technique requires less time but it is a bit painful procedure. Surgeons prefer putting patients under general anesthesia before initiating this particular procedure.
- Ultrasound-assisted Liposuction- This is a completely different liposuction procedure that involves the application of ultrasonic waves to break down the fat cells through a metal rod that is inserted into the skin. This is the latest type of Vaser liposuction which helps to achieve improved skin contouring, thereby lowering the risk of injuries.
- Laser-assisted Liposuction- This procedure uses laser technology to liquefy the unwanted fat cells and finally remove this from the body. This liquid fat is either vacuum suctioned out or allowed to drain through small tubes called cannulas.
Cost of Liposuction in India
Liposuction procedure cost in India is not so expensive and this is probably the only reason that it has become a popular vacation destination. India has established an outstanding medical tourism industry that has developed rapidly in the last few decades.
In some researches, it has been marked out that the overall savings in India compared to US for the maximum cosmetic procedures are about 65 to 90 percent. Overall, the minimum liposuction procedure in India may start from 35,000 to over 2 lakhs.
However, the medical and liposuction surgery cost in India may also vary from city to city. There are a number of factors affecting the cost like the location of the clinic, the extent of the treatment area, medical report, and amount of fat to be removed. However, the cost of liposuction widely fluctuates on the geographic location of the clinic like Liposuction cost in Mumbai is quite different from the Liposuction cost in Jaipur.
For your best guidance, check out the table below to get an idea of Liposuction cost in various cities-
(Note: These are approximate indicative values and these prices can vary depending on what procedure you undergo the extent of the area to be treated, etc.)
|CITY||AVERAGE LIPOSUCTION COST (INR)|
|Mumbai||35,000 – 2,45,000|
|Bangalore||40,000 – 3,50,000|
|Chennai||35,000 – 2,50,000|
|Delhi||25,000 – 1,50,000|
|Hyderabad||15,000 – 2,50,000|
|Pune||20,000 – 1,60,000|
|Jaipur||10,000 – 2,45,000|
|Kolkata||15000 – 1,90,000|
Factors That Influence Liposuction Costs In India
Liposuction cost in India varies from person to person since your cosmetic surgeon may recommend different tests, medications, and post-op care for every patient basing on their medical records. Following are some of the main factors that influence the cost of the liposuction procedure-
- The area of treatment- The larger the area of treatment, greater will be the time and cost required. For instance, liposuction of abdomen may cost a bit higher and it may take up to 4 hours to complete one session. Whereas, liposuction of chin can be completed within 30 to 45 minutes involving less cost. Additionally, the cost of single area will be lower than in multiple areas.
- The amount of fat to be removed- The volume of fat to be removed may vary from 5 to 25 liters per session which again affects both the surgery time and the cost. This is obvious that people with small pouches of stubborn fat will require less execution time and less cost. Whereas surgeries that will need larger amount of fat to be suctioned out will require longer time and higher cost. Surgeons can remove up to 25 liters of fat in a single session but that is usually associated with several health risks. So the safest amount of liquid fat to be taken out is 5litres per session.