The most recent report that has been published states that there is an abrupt rise in the demand for cosmetic surgical and minimally invasive procedures within 2018 and 2019 among people. However, 90 out of 100 people desire to undergo a non-surgical procedure to accomplish a healthy glowing skin.
The best part about the least invasive treatment is to achieve a fresh look without using any synthetic or artificial alternatives involving zero downtime. In respect to this, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons has highlighted the three most effective therapeutic interventions that offer patients the most natural results.
The key therapeutic intrusions are-
- Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT)
- Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP)
- Autologous fat transfer (AFT)
The above mentioned most popular types of minimally invasive surgery that can achieve the best results. These cosmetic procedures are preferred over any surgical techniques because they create no adverse effect on the skin and involves zero downtime.
The medical solutions used in these techniques are absolutely natural and usually extracted from the patient’s own body. After undergoing these minimally invasive beauty enhancement procedures, you can achieve a rejuvenated healthy skin.
Types of minimally invasive surgery
Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) – The most popular Collagen Induction therapy is Microneedling which creates numerous tiny micro-injuries to the skin to promote healing. This punctures also stimulate the overall collagen production of the skin. This minimally invasive surgery uses an instrument with tiny rotating needles to penetrate the rejuvenating product into the dermis layer of the skin.
The CIT ensures the production of new collagen and elastin on the top layer of the skin to make it appear smoother, tighter and younger. Micro-needling can resolve fine line, wrinkles, age spots, pigmentation, acne or chickenpox scars, Stretch marks, etc.
Advantages of micro-needling:
- The penetration depth can be adjusted for customized treatment
- Best suited for anatomic areas
- Safest for all skin pigmentation types
- Performed as an in-office procedure under local Anesthesia with zero downtime
The micro-needling results are observed with multiple treatments keeping an interval of 4 to 6 weeks, as that helps in boosting up the visible improvements in skin texture and appearance.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)- Platelet-rich plasma is used for various medical fields as it initiates the healing of the injured tissues such as arthritic joints, injured tendons, and burns. Additionally, it has also been identified as a regenerative medicine that has a positive impact on open wounds and hair loss. Treatment with PRP is based on the concentrated supply to ensure growth factors that increase blood flow to the area of injury and assist the repair of affected tissues.
The PRP extract is processed by centrifuging the patient’s own blood which separates plasma from other components. This least invasive cosmetic procedure is highly effective for improving the appearance of aging skin as that promotes blood flow along with collagen and elastin production.
Advantages of undergoing a PRP procedure-
- The plasma is extracted from the patient’s own blood so it is 100% natural
- Improves the skin appearance due to the regenerative effects including better blood flow and increased collagen and elastin production
- Suitable for any skin types
However, the best results can only be achieved by undergoing several sessions. The PRP procedure can achieve satisfactory results alone, but if the procedure is paired up with a micro-needling procedure maximum result can be accomplished.
Autologous fat transfer (AFT)- This is uniquely designed minimally invasive surgery that improves the overall quality and skin tone. Autologous fat transfer (AFT) is aimed to correct the contour highlight irregularities and volume deficiencies. The AFTs are commonly referred to as fat injections and fat grafts that describe minimally invasive procedures to restore the patient’s own fat to gain a smoother and more youthful appearance.
The first step on undergoing an AFT treatment begins with removing unwanted fat from other parts of the body such as the abdomen, thighs using a process that is similar to liposuction. The extracted fat is then purified and processed before injecting it into the targeted area.
Advantages of AFT-
- Injected fat cells are living cells that are incorporated into the tissues where it is placed. Although a very small percentage of the fat may not always survive during this entire procedure, the majority of the cells leave a permanent effect.
- The fat cells contain some of the highest concentration of stem cells that helps in promoting the blood vessel growth in the area of treatment. This also helps with skin rejuvenation and volume enhancement.
The AFT procedure can be executed all alone or in combination with the above mentioned cosmetic procedures to accomplish the best results.