Pre Rhinoplasty Checklist
Rhinoplasty is a plastic surgery technique to enhance the form of the nose. Rhinoplasty fixes your nasal trauma which can be blunt, penetrating or blast. It also fixes respiratory impediment, congenital defect, or a failed primary rhinoplasty, known as revision rhinoplasty. Rhinoplasty surgery is one of the most difficult facial surgical operations. Although Rhinoplasty does not demand difficult anatomical access, requisition of extreme physical energy, or considerably longer operating time which can cause surgeon exhaustion, the operation of rhinoplasty claims an absolute and meticulous knowledge of an art and science.
Each case in the nose job has its own difficulties and needs a careful evaluation of the disfigurement preoperatively, a precise comprehension of the techniques possible for correction, an intended plan of action and continuity, and an accurate, inflexible performance of the surgical technique.
so if you have already decided to go for rhinoplasty and only some weeks are remaining for the surgery, you must be very excited. because you are going to have a beautiful fresh nose you’ve always wanted, and the restored sense of a new self-confidence that comes with it. So if you want to have the best possible results, you should be well prepared for the surgery. So let’s discuss the detailed rhinoplasty pre-surgery checklist to assure that you’re prepared for the surgery because it will help you enjoy a relaxed recovery after the surgery.
Rhinoplasty Chechklist to Followed :
- Take Care of the little household chores before the surgery. It will be very helpful to tidy up your home a day or so before your rhinoplasty surgery. Random errands such as cleaning your bathroom, vacuuming or mopping the floors, and washing any dishes. This way, you will have a clean home before and after you have surgery and You won’t have to worry about your home.
Also, you can do your laundry before your rhinoplasty so that you will have plenty of clean clothes.
- Buy all the necessary things you will need during your recovery.
Buy all the required stuff for your recovery before your surgery. Let’s talk about the things you will want. first of all, your Prescriptions. Take your pain meds and other prescription with you to the hospital.You should also take Paper and pen to note when you’ve taken which medications because its common that you can forget these things. Buy Lip balm as you will be going to have dry mouth and lips after the surgery. Take Plenty of beverages with you to keep you hydrated when you get bored of water. Also a U-shaped travel pillow for keeping your head in position as you rest and sleep. Buy a Thermometer to keep checks on your temperature. Keep Laxative/stool softener for your digestive system. Also, buy a Humidifier and Saltines and a water bottle.
- Keep your entertainment options with you. Prepare for your entertainment before the surgery. Keep those arrangements ready which you like doing in your free time such as you can make a list of the programs you want to watch, collect books or audiobooks you want to read or hear or buy some crossword puzzle books or even a few coloring books and pens of your choice.
- Be aware of the complexities happen after the surgery.
Every surgery has chances of complexities. Awareness of associated complexities and sequelae is very important to make the patient understand and help him in making an informed decision. it will also help in reducing the chances of such complications, in lessening the seriousness of an imminent complication, and in curing a complication once it has happened.
- Prepare yourself for the surgery right before it.
Preparing yourself for the surgery includes preparing your mind and your body. You should also decide what you will tell your family, friends, and colleague. Also always remove the make-up you are wearing the before surgery. Bath with a safe soap and wash your hair with a good shampoo and don’t leave it with any hair product.Have a good night’s sleep and do relax activities to calm your nerves. You should wear clothes you are comfortable in and in which you can step out of the hospital after the rhinoplasty surgery.