Believing these 10 Myths about Liposuction keeps you from growing
Sometimes, no matter what we try and how hard we try we are not able to get rid of the extra bulges in various parts of the body. The fact is certain that people even after undergoing proper diet and exercise routine are not able to get rid of the fat cells from various parts of the body.
So, people who are desperate for getting rid of the fat cells, liposuction may be a great option. Liposuction is such a surgical procedure that helps in removing small bulges from various parts of the body.
This helps people in achieving a better body appearance and achieve a more perfectly shaped body. The areas of the body that are most commonly addressed are inner and outer thighs, abdomen, waist, hips and upper arms, knees, ankles, double chin and even on the face.
There are various types of liposuction which are most effective. The liposuction is performed by using a special instrument called cannula.
The cannula is used to loosen the fatty tissues with a controlled motion and then the liquefied fat is sucked out from the body. The type of procedure undergone depends on various factors like the amount of fat accumulated, the area of liposuction, degree of contouring required, etc.
The best part of undergoing a liposuction procedure is that it involves a very short recovery time and the procedure is performed under local anesthesia. So patients are able to resume normal to light activities after undergoing the procedure, however, patients are restricted to perform strenuous activities for a week or so.
But there are lots of myth about liposuction procedure and that makes people scared about undergoing a liposuction procedure. Most of the people consider weight loss as a remedy or a treatment for obesity or a way to get rid of the cellulite, but liposuction is only responsible in removing the targeted fat from various parts of the body.
So ideas like this may lead to some disappointment after achieving the results of the procedure-
- Myth 1- It is a great way to lose weight- No, liposuction is actually a body contouring procedure that helps in eliminating the stubborn fatty tissue from under the skin.It is not at all a treatment for obesity. In fact, the procedure is not suitable for candidates who are overweight. Usually, patients who are near to their ideal weight are best recommended for the procedure.
- Myth 2- it is a cure for cellulite- Liposuction is only responsible for removing extra fatty tissues from the body and it does not include removal of any cellulite from any part of the body. There are other treatment procedures that are available and are responsible for removing cellulite from various parts of the body.
- Myth 3- Liposuction is not a surgical procedure- Liposuction is certainly not an invasive surgical procedure but of course, it is a minimally invasive procedure one that is typically performed by a highly trained and qualified surgeon.
- Myth 4- Liposuction is only for a woman- Absolutely not, liposuction is for both man and woman. Anyone can undergo liposuction who is of ideal weight and has found no results from diet and exercises.
- Myth 5– It do not provide long-lasting results- But this is not true. The results obtained in liposuction are permanent but the patients need to maintain the accomplished result. Some weight gain in the future can alter the acquired results.
- Myth 6– The fat comes returns- No, the fats removed in the procedure are removed permanently. There are no chances for the fatty tissues to return back from the area where removed. But if the patient does not maintain a healthy lifestyle then they may find the growth of some fatty tissues.
- Myth 7- Tummy tuck and liposuction are same- No way, both of these surgical procedures are way different from each other. Liposuction is a fat removal procedure that does not involve tightening skin or removing cellulite. But undergoing a tummy tuck procedure is helpful in removing sagging skin and tighten loose abdominal muscles in the abdominal area only.
- Myth 8- Liposuction is only for rich and famous people- There were days when only rich and famous people used to undergo any cosmetic procedure. But now, liposuction is the most common and popular cosmetic procedure that is undergone by many people. This is probably because liposuction is a very affordable procedure.
- Myth 9– it is not suitable for older people- There is no strict upper limit for undergoing the procedure. The surgeons only follow one basic rule, as long as the patients are in a good health condition, they are eligible for undergoing the procedure.
- Myth 10– It is only for the bigger area of the body- No, liposuction can effectively remove fat from large as well as smaller parts of the body.