There are very few medical conditions which are so widely known, yet so lightly taken, as permanent hair loss. The problem is so widespread that most people take it as a normal occurrence. However, there are many factors that may lead to this eventual outcome including excessive use of medicines, especially for treatments like chemotherapy, sudden injury or burns, stress, hormonal imbalance and other lifestyle related issues like bad food habits and choices.
The most common treatment for the condition, which almost everyone has heard of, is hair transplant. Hair transplant, in very simple terms, is taking hair follicles from one part of your own scalp and grafting it onto another. With the availability of the procedure and professional surgeons to carry it out, you can get a hair transplant in Jaipur that is as good as one done in any metro, say like Mumbai.
It is important to understand that hair transplant is a broad term for a procedure that can be conducted in two ways FUT and FUE. The grafts done during the procedures are also classified into two types
- Slit grafts – containing anywhere between 4 to 10 hairs per graft
- Micro grafts – containing anywhere between 1 to 2 hairs per graft
Another important factor to remember is that not everyone is a good candidate to get a hair transplant done. As the doctors in a hair transplant clinic in Jaipur point out, the following are eligible to get a hair transplant
- Women who are facing the problem of hair thinning
- Men who are suffering from genetic male pattern baldness
- Anyone who has sustained burns or injury leading to severe hair loss
As a reputed hair transplant doctor in Jaipur explains, the procedure for a hair transplant can be exhaustive and may last anywhere between 4 to 6 hours per sitting. During the procedure, you surgeon will clean the area and give you an injection containing local anaesthesia. During the initial assessment, your doctor would have identified which procedure will be performed on you – FUT or FUE.
For the Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT) procedure, the doctor will use a scalpel and remove a strip of tissue and hair from the donor area of your scalp. The same is then closed using sutures. This is the reason, FUT is also known as strip method. The strip is then further divided into small sections using surgical knives and these sections are then transplanted (or grafted) on the recipient area.
For the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) procedure, however, no strip removal is involved. In this method, the doctor uses advanced surgical punches to extract the units one by one and grafting them on the recipient area.
You can get not just the best hair transplant in Jaipur, but the bigger advantage is that the hair transplant cost in Jaipur is much lesser than across other cities in India.
How much the treatment costs
There are a number of factors that impact the hair transplant cost in Jaipur, even if it is the lowest in the country. Some of these factors are
- Your location with respect to the facility – The cost of your surgery may be impacted by the distance of your location and the location of the clinic where you are getting the hair transplant in Jaipur.
- Type of Hair Transplant you will undergo – As outlined above there are two methods of hair transplant. FUT is a traditional method and costs comparatively lesser, however has its own challenges like scarring. FUE on the other hand, is a newer technology and has lesser scarring. But, it is costlier of the two.
- Qualification and Experience of the doctor – This is one of the most critical elements and can make or break the entire process for you. Hence, it is a major contributing factor towards the overall cost of the procedure. The more experienced the doctor, better the results and higher the costs.
- The Follicular Units being transplanted – During the procedure, it is the hair follicles that are transplanted and each follicular unit can contain a variable number of hair strands. Thus, the cost is determined on the basis of follicular units that are transplanted and not the hair strands that are.