Choosing best liposuction surgery for you
When your body fat is unyielding to exercise and diet, you are left with only one option for getting rid of that unwanted excessive fat, which is Liposuction. It is a great decision for people wanting to get their desired body shape by removing undesired fat tissue.
Liposuction is not an alternative to exercise or healthy lifestyle or an answer for weight loss and sagging skin, but it will surely help you to cure the areas of fat problem. For maximum results, Liposuction can be combined with other techniques such as tummy tucks and breast augmentation to cure many different areas of your body. Liposuction can be needed or done in the body parts like Abdomen, Hips, Thighs, Buttocks, Love Handles, Chin, Neck, Jawline, Bra Rolls, Arms, Chest, Back, Knees, Calves and Ankles. For liposuction in different body parts, you might need different techniques. there is variety of liposuction procedure are present in the market including traditional liposuction to SmartLipo to high definition liposuction.
Let’s discuss these different types of liposuction techniques and make you understand which type is best for your body.
- Suction Assisted Liposuction (SAL)Suction Assisted Liposuction is the most type of liposuction. It works excellently for most patients if carried out by a good surgeon.
- Tumescent Liposuction Tumescent liposuction is similar to SAL. The main difference between both of them is that larger volumes of anesthetic are used. It makes the targeted tissues swell or “tumescent.” Tumescent lipo also gives great result if done by a skilled surgeon.
- Laser-Assisted Liposuction or SmartLipoSmartLipo is an advanced liposuction technique. It uses heat energy of a laser to perform the operation. Theoretically, the heat energy melts the fat, clot blood vessels, and tighten the affected skin. It is said by some surgeons that SmartLipo is a not an intrusive procedure comparatively and is also safe with and has a quick recovery, reduced bruising, and better skin tightening results when compared to Suction Assisted Liposuction. But there is no evidence of SmartLipo being the better technique, and some surgeons say there is no difference in results and associated side effects between laser-assisted liposuction and suction-assisted liposuction. SmartLipo is thought to be safer because it is done under local anesthesia, but any other liposuction procedure can also be done with local anesthesia, so again there is no difference.If you are thinking to go for SmartLipo anyways, you would want to get a second opinion before deciding anything as it comparatively takes extra time and adds complexity, with an increased chances of thermal injury, or burns, and without any pieces of evidence of it being better alternative, you would not want to increase the time, risk, and expense. However, laser-assisted liposuction can be a good choice for you if it is done by an experienced plastic surgeon.
- Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction or VaserUltrasound Assisted Liposuction or Vaser emulsifies fat tissues in the particular area with the help of sound energy or ultrasonic waves. During the surgery, the surgeon makes an incision and insert a low-frequency ultrasound machine which is joined to a cannula. The fat is emulsified and after which it is eliminated with a common suction tube. VASER Liposuction precisely targets fatty tissue, and it does not damage surrounding tissues.There is some pro associated with VASER including reduced blood loss, less swelling, and less bruising; more skin tightening; and comfortability of the technique for the surgeon. However, there is no proof that this gives better results than other techniques.Ultrasound-assisted liposuction needs a bigger cut to fit the ultrasound device. This might increase the time taken and complexity and also hike the chances of burning, nerve damage, and scarring.
- Power Assisted Liposuction (PAL)Power assisted liposuction is another good option for patients with a high amount of fat that required to be removed. A special vibrating cannula is used to divide and eliminate the fatty tissues. Its main benefit of is faster fat removal with less fatigue experienced by the surgeon. Other than this, there is not any particular difference in outcomes and recovery period between Power-assisted liposuction and other techniques of liposuction. Also, extra equipment is used which can increase complexity to the procedure and total expense.
- High Definition Liposuction (HDL)
High definition liposuction is a specific kind of liposuction that mainly targets on enhancing the underlying muscular contours of the abdomen by performing very selective liposuction. It is also known as “Six Pack Ab,” “Eight Pack Abs” or abdominal etching.