Best breast surgery tips you will read this year
Undergoing a breast surgery is one of the biggest decision in life and now more than 70 percent of woman are choosing to move under the knife to achieve a more proportionate and sensuous body.
Having proportionate breasts not only gives us a beautiful attractive appearance but also helps a woman to boost up their confidence and provide them a better fit for clothing. There are a number of breast procedures that women undergo like-
- Breast augmentation
- Breast reduction
- Breast Lift
But before taking the decision to undergo any of the breast procedures, it is very important to choose an experienced and trained surgeon who can help to execute these surgical procedures carefully and also provide the best advice.
- Breast augmentation- Breast augmentation or breast enlargement is a reconstructive surgical procedure that helps to make the breasts bigger and improve the overall shape and size of the breasts. The procedure is also commonly popular as augmentation mammoplasty.
- The breast enlargement procedure is performed either by using silicone gel implants or saline implants. The procedure can also be performed by utilizing the body’s own fatty tissues and this is a very safe procedure since it does not involve the use of any foreign materials in the body.
- However, breast augmentation by using implants can help a woman to achieve a greater degree of augmentation while breast augmentation through fat transfer only involves enlargement to some extent. The surgeon mostly makes the incision in various positions like within the breast fold, in the armpit, along with the lower edge of the areola.
- The position of the implant typically depends on the degree of enlargement desired and the implants are placed either under the breast tissue or under the chest muscle.
- Breast reduction- Breast reduction surgery is also popular as reduction mammoplasty which is such a procedure that involves removing excess breast fatty tissues, skin in order to achieve a proportionate breast size.
- Often overly large sized breasts give rise to various problems like uncomfortable fitting to clothing, lack of self-confidence, disproportionate appearance, rashes under the breast fold, chaffing, etc. Enlargement of breasts may be a result of pregnancy, breastfeeding or heredity.
- Therefore such women suffering from various severe conditions like this may choose to undergo a breast reduction procedure where the surgeon typically removes the extra-glandular breast tissues through tissue excision and the extra fatty tissues are removed through liposuction procedure. The ultimate goal is to remove the extra-glandular breast tissues and achieve a compact breast size.
- Breast lift- A breast lift surgery is usually performed at the same time with a breast enlargement procedure or may also be performed separately. The procedure involves eliminating the sagging breasts as well as the nipple area and areolar region.
- In this procedure, the surgeon usually involves removing the excess skin from the bottom of the breast and especially around the areola.
- The remaining part of the skin is then sutured up, tighten and raise the breast. A breast lift procedure involves making larger incisions in the breast. However, the location and extent of the incisions depend on the amount of breast reduction required.
Best breast surgery tips:
Before undergoing a breast surgery, it is very important to learn about every bit of the procedure and discuss the aims with an experienced and well-trained surgeon. So following are some of the points that cannot be missed before undergoing the procedure-
First breast surgery may not always be the last one- There are few women who are not satisfied with the obtained result so they may need to undergo a revision procedure. Additionally, women undergoing a breast augmentation using implants requires undergoing a revision surgery to change the implants within 9 years.
Recovery– What we generally know that candidates after undergoing any breast procedures are able to resume activities after a week. But most of the women do not feel fit enough to resume activities after a week. They actually need some more days to be completely fit and fine.
One cannot jump from a small breast to a huge one– Women with cup A may be able to achieve double cup sizes. So achieving a DD cup from cup A is just not possible. There maintaining realistic expectation from the procedure is very important.
Undergoing a breast reduction or breast lift surgery may result in losing the capability to breastfeed. Many women also experience some changes in nipple sensation.