Vaginal rejuvenation, also known as vaginoplasty or vaginal reconstruction is a surgery that is mainly done for the improved appearance, feel and functioning of the vulva and vagina. A very modern and optional surgery, vaginal rejuvenation helps a woman get a vagina with toned walls and better functioning. By default, the surgery leads to a better experience during intercourse too.
Generally, vaginoplasty and labiaplasty come together in surgical vaginal rejuvenation. Vaginoplasty involves constricting and firming of the vagina while labiaplasty includes restyling or reforming the outer/inner lips of the vagina.
Vaginal rejuvenation is a safe and efficient cosmetic surgery procedure and is very popular among women as it helps them get back vagina that is almost similar to a young vagina. Due to this reason, it is sometimes also known as vaginal tightening surgery as well.
The most popular method of vaginal reconstruction is laser vaginal tightening which is a non-surgical process using lasers.
Laser Vaginal Tightening- Non-Surgical Vaginal Rejuvenation
Laser vaginal tightening, also known as LVR (Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation) is a non-surgical process involving lasers for vaginal reconstruction. That means the process is non-invasive and do not involve heavy cuts or bleeding. Instead, lasers are used to make incisions and promote the growth of collagen to restore vagina to normal condition.
The process involves less bleeding and also, does not need tissue clamping. It aims at helping women in improving the appearance and health of their vagina.
The normal delivery, old age, and several other reasons can give rise to a more relaxed vagina that leads to dissatisfaction in sexual desires. The laser vaginal tightening strengthens and tightens vagina for improved results in sexual fulfillment.
Laser vaginal rejuvenation is not only associated with sexual contentment. Rather, this process also helps women who undergo urinary incontinence. This includes the unintentional loss of urine during sneezing, laughing, coughing, etc. The LVR or laser vaginal rejuvenation helps you get a young, strong, better and normal vagina while treating problems like urinary incontinence.
Note: ALCS offers best laser vaginal rejuvenation in Jaipur at affordable costs. You get vaginal treatment by Dr. Sunil Arora who is a renowned cosmetic surgeon and has been awarded Best Plastic Surgeon in Rajasthan.
Why Vaginal Rejuvenation
No one among us can stop time or age. All of us grow old each day. Our bodies show signs and symptoms towards our growing age. Especially, women who have been through natural childbirth and those, who have entered into the later years of their age, observe significant changes in their genitals.
A lose, or saggy vagina is one such symptom that often leaves many women depressed. This is often known as vaginal relaxation. In vaginal relaxation, the muscles of vagina get loosened, going beyond the normal elasticity.
The internal and external vaginal diameters increase in size. The vaginal muscles also become weak and poor toned. Poor toned, weak and loose vaginal muscles lead to dissatisfaction in sexual fulfillment and other physical health problems.Vaginal reconstruction surgery can help in dealing with this condition and restore the vagina to normal condition.
Good Candidates for Vaginal Rejuvenation
- Women who are not having the best possible sexual experience because of their weak or loose vagina can undergo this surgery on the advice of ALCS experts.
- Also, as mentioned earlier, women facing problems like involuntary loss of urine while sneezing, coughing, etc. can also opt for this surgery.
- If you feel less or no sensation during sex either due to age issues or saggy vagina.
- In short, women who are enduring vaginal relaxation and troubles related to the same can discuss laser vaginal rejuvenation with experts.
Benefits of Laser Vaginal Tightening
The non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation using lasers can provide the following benefits to women:
- Significant enhancement of vaginal muscles
- Improved, healthy and toned vaginal muscles
- Reduced size of internal & external vaginal diameters
- Improved and enhanced sexual gratification
- Getting vagina back to its normal condition
- Feeling apt sensation during intercourse and thus, enjoying a satisfying pleasure in sex.
- Increased confidence in wearing dresses that show up your improved shape through surgical vaginal rejuvenation.
Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Procedure – A Quick Glance
- This is an outpatient procedure in which general anesthesia is used along with a pudendal block. A pudendal block is a nerve block that numbs the entire vaginal area. It also helps in controlling the postoperative pain of LVR for around 24 hrs.
- A solution called tumescent fluid is injected into vaginal walls. This is done to achieve almost bloodless surgery. That is why it is also called non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation.
- Required dissections or incisions during this surgery are done through a particular laser. The vaginal muscles are also tightened with the help of sutures as per the expectation of patient.
Before Vaginal Tightening Surgery
- Always choose a surgeon who is extensively experienced in vaginal rejuvenation surgery.
- Discuss the confidentiality policy as this is an entirely personal issue and thus needs to be addressed and done with complete privacy and respect.
- Stay open, honest and frank with your doctor during the consultation for laser vaginal rejuvenation process.
- Discuss as to why you want to go for this surgery so that you can have reasonable expectations from the procedure.
- Discuss your existing health issues, medical history, any ongoing medication or past medication with your doctor before the surgery. Also, discuss the best available options for you.
- Your detailed consultation with your doctor will not only give you an idea about the cost and procedure of surgical vaginal rejuvenation but will also help you get mentally prepared for this surgery.
At ALCS, we take care of all above points because we genuinely understand and respect your feelings. We want our patients to stay acutely aware of the process so that they get what they expect for!
After Vaginal Rejuvenation Surgery
- You should expect some bruising, swelling and pain after your procedure. You will have a vaginal pack which will be noticed as white gauze outside the opening of the vagina. It is to be removed the morning following surgery ( instructions will be given ).
- Swelling may linger for as long as two to four weeks. Pain medication will be prescribed to control any discomfort, however, if you begin to have severe pain, contact your plastic surgeon immediately.
- Note that the pain medications can cause constipation ( it is the most common complaint ) and you should use a stool softener such as Colace, drink plenty of fluids, and eat fruits and vegetables to help to keep the stools soft.
- Apply ice packs to the perineum off and on for the first 48 hours to minimize swelling. If patients have hemorrhoids they can on rare occasions see a post-surgical flair up. If this happens you will be provided with medications for treatment.
- Hemorrhoid or Peri-anal swelling condition will resolve in ten to fourteen days. Make sure that you take all medications as prescribed.
Recovery From Vaginal Tightening Surgery
The recovery process is different for everyone, but within a day after your laser vaginal tightening, you should be up and walking around. Take care to follow these aftercare steps after vaginal rejuvenation:
- You may shower on the second or third day following surgery. No tube baths for four weeks. Refrain from thong underwear and tight-fitting clothing for four weeks.
- You may need to be out of work and away from your usual activities for the first week.
- Over the next two or three weeks, your treated areas may remain very sensitive and strenuous physical activities should be limited. Following this period you may gradually return to activities such or lifting, and light exercise.
- Avoid any high impact activities for about one month. In particular, you should avoid jogging and bouncing activities for up to six weeks.
- Always take care to avoid stress to your treated areas and allow time to heal and recover. Sex may be resumed in six weeks.
Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation- FAQs
1. What is the duration of this process?
Generally, it is 1 to 1 and a half hrs. The duration actually depends on the level of vaginal relaxation and the expected and chosen treatment by the patient.
2. Are there any side effects of LVR surgery?
Like any other surgery, the LVR also involves certain risks and side effects like scarring, numbness of vaginal area and few more. A detailed consultation with your doctor will help you know and prepare about LVR.
3. When can the patient get back to the normal routine?
You may go back to normal routine in a week.
4. Do I need post-operative care after surgery?
Yes, you need that for around a week. Therefore, it is advisable to make arrangements for someone who can take care of the patient for at least a week after the LVR.
Cost of Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation
The price of vaginal reconstruction surgery varies from person to person as well as the place from where you decide to get it done. Moreover, the experience and training of cosmetic surgeon also come into play in the financial aspects of vaginal surgery.
You must have an open discussion with your doctor regarding every aspect of laser vaginal rejuvenation procedure before you decide to go with it. Most importantly, you should pay more attention to qualification and experience of your doctor for vaginal tightening instead of paying too much attention to price.
After all, a vaginal surgery is an intimate procedure that can affect your self-esteem so you should always trust the best!
At ALCS, you not only get an effective vaginal rejuvenation under the best plastic surgeon in Rajasthan but also a host of other cosmetic gynecology procedures and body reshaping surgeries.