Get Your Confidence Back by Getting your Hair Back
Hair Transplant, Hair Transplantation, or Hair Restoration is a scientific and medically approved, fully safe surgical process to get your hairs back. Undoubtedly, getting a head full of hairs makes you look good and feel great! If you are experiencing baldness, hair transplant is the most reliable & effective way to get your natural hair back! Before actually going through this process, you should have the basic knowledge for the same. So let us learn what hair transplant is!
Disclaimer : Results may vary significantly from patient to patient due to individual differences. This photo is shared after patient’s consent. Hair Transplant Surgery was done at AlCS Jaipur, India.
Understanding Hair Transplant
It is a surgical method by which the hair follicles are transplanted into the thinning hair area or bald area. Both males and females can benefit from hair transplant surgery. The process is generally performed under local anesthesia but can sometimes be done under general anesthesia too, depending on the patient’s case. It is a daycare procedure with minimum pain.
In the hair transplant procedure, surgeons take already existing hairs on your scalp (called scalp grafts) and transplant them on balding areas. That is why this is also known as hair replacement surgery as hairs are replaced on thinning or balding areas from full hair areas.
You may already have hairs on the sides and back of your hair depending on the level of baldness. Your plastic surgeon will carefully consider these hairs and take the decision for the donor area.
In some cases, beard, eyebrow hairs, body hairs such as chest hair can also be used as donor areas (from where hair is taken). The effects of your hair replacement surgery will also depend on the texture, color, curliness, etc. of your existing hairs in donor areas.
Note: Although Hair Transplant is a Safe Procedure, but it must be done by a medically approved expert (a Doctor only), not at beauty centers. Kindly always check the profile of the practitioner before it to reduce any medical side effect risk.
Hair Transplant Procedure
Hair transplant procedure can be done through various techniques. With advancements in plastic surgery technology, you can find various methods of hair replacement. However, following three techniques remain the most popular techniques of hair transplant:
- Follicular Unit Transfer (FUT) – In FUT or strip harvesting, strip of skin with hairs is taken from scalp area having ample hair occipital area. The donor site is stitched using trichophytic closure technique. The strip is then worked into follicular units under microscopic magnification to prepare grafts that can be transplanted on the bald area.
- Trichophytic Closure – is one of the best methods to close wounds. It helps in making the surgical scars almost invisible. The method involves stapling or suturing the overlapped edges of wounds. Simply put, the skin is overlapped and stitched in such a way that the newly transplanted hair follicles grow through the skin tissues. Therefore, the patient gets great results in form of a cleverly concealed scar. Hence, one can also keep short hair!
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) – In this process, the hair follicles are taken from the hair rich area referred as donor site or occipital area using special instruments. Wherein the individual follicular units are extracted carefully. The extracted follicular units are worked into grafts that are transplanted to the hair loss area referred as recipient site.
The overall process may take anywhere between 4 hours to 8 hours. However, it depends a lot on the size of the transplant. If you want thicker or more hairs, you can opt for another minor procedure of hair transplant.
After Hair Transplant Surgery and Recovery
Apart from different hair replacement procedures, recovery time and results may vary from person to person. However, you must keep the following general points in mind regarding the after effects of hair transplant:
- Just after the hair transplant surgery, your scalp may be quite tender and your surgeon may put bandages over your scalp for one or two days.
- You may experience throbbing, tight scalp or aching after the surgery. Your surgeon will prescribe antibiotics, pain medications, or anti-inflammatory drug to deal with these effects.
- You can gently wash your hairs within 2-3 days of the surgery. If there are any stitches, your surgeon will remove them within a week or 10 days.
- Avoid high-intensity exercise or sports activities after the surgery for around 3-4 weeks. This is because such activities increase the blood flow to your scalp. This may lead to bleeding in transplants and incisions.
- Always follow your doctor’s advice post surgery and never ignore any swelling or bruising on your scalp post surgery. Bring these to the notice of your surgeon so that he may prescribe medicines for it.
- You can resume your regular routine 2 to 5 days after the surgery. However, this period may vary as per the complexity of your hair transplant.
- One possibility after the hair transplant surgery is a thing called hair loss shock which is the temporary loss of transplanted hairs. It is a temporary condition under which new transplanted hair may fall out within 4 to 6 weeks of surgery. However, do not worry about it as the normal hair growth resumes in another month or so. But the important fact is that such situations do not add a negative effect on the overall results of hair transplant surgery.
When Can You Begin To See Real Effects of Hair Transplant?
As we said earlier, you can notice new hair in a month after surgery. Though in the first month, the newly transplanted hair keeps falling and growing but you can observe a significant growth in other 5-6 months.
For complete results, the patient should wait for almost 12 months as this is the period which makes your newly transplanted hair follicles grow and look well. Once your hairs have reached the desired stage, you can opt for an appropriate hair cut.
Why Choose ALCS for Hair Transplantation in Jaipur?
- Extensive Experience in Performing Number of Hair Transplant Surgery
- High Quality Equipment’s & State-of-the-Art Clinic
- Follow Latest Techniques in Hair Restoration
- Detailed Consultation with Complete Confidentiality of Patient’s Info
- Provide Most Cost- Effective Hair Restoration
- Provide Satisfactory Results
We use world’s best technology under the supervision of Rajasthan’s best cosmetic surgeon to perform Hair Transplant in Jaipur, India. Get best consultation, contact today.
The cost of a hair transplant may vary from person to person. It will depend on the amount of hairs you want to replace from donor areas to balding areas. You must also keep in mind that most insurance plans do not cover this surgery. So, you may need to confirm this before with your insurance provider if you want to avail benefits.
Contact ALCS to get the best consultation for hair transplant in Jaipur. You can also avail several other cosmetic surgery procedures at ALCS at affordable costs: