Gynecomastia (Man Boobs) Treatment
Gynecomastia, often known as Man Boobs can be embarrassing for many men. It refers to the overdevelopment of breast in men. Male breast reduction surgery is a great way for the treatment of Gynecomastia if you are too concerned with enlarged breasts
Male Breast Enlargement is generally not a health threat and is fairly common in puberty, newborns, and older men. The condition is most common in puberty when hormone levels are shifting. In those cases, it typically doesn’t last long, ending without treatment as hormone levels settle down.
Enlarged breasts can also start in adulthood. As men age, they tend to lose testosterone and gain weight. Lower testosterone can lead to enlargement of glands in the breasts.
Extra weight adds fatty tissue under the breasts. That can leave a man with bigger glandular tissue and more fat in his breasts. Fat cells make small amounts of estrogen, which can further enlarge male breasts leading to gynecomastia.
Causes of Gynecomastia
Though it can be embarrassing, gynecomastia usually isn’t a health threat. But in some men, it can be a sign of low testosterone, an overactive thyroid, cirrhosis of the liver, a genetic problem, or some cancers.
Certain medications can also cause man boobs. Common culprits include anabolic steroids, as well as the stomach acid drug cimetidine ( Tagamet ), the heart drug spironolactone ( Aldactone ), the prostate cancer drug bicalutamide ( Casodex ), and several other drugs.
In many cases, stopping the offending drug and switching to another helps in male breast reduction. Abusing alcohol and marijuana can also contribute to male breast enlargement so you may need to check your intake of these substances before opting for male breast reduction surgery.
In many cases, the exact cause of gynecomastia isn’t clear. It’s wise to make an appointment with a board-certified endocrinologist to be sure, even if your man boobs haven’t bothered you a lot.
Note: At ALCS, you get expert advice for affordable Gynecomastia treatment in Jaipur from the best plastic surgeon in Jaipur.
Gynecomastia Treatment- How to Treat ‘Man Boobs’
Since gynecomastia is a fairly common condition in puberty, it automatically goes away with age. However, in some cases, enlarged breasts in males persist in adult years as well leading to an undesirable appearance. The treatment of man boobs depends on the causes of male breast enlargement which varies from person to person.
If another health condition is causing your enlarged breasts, treating that underlying condition may help in gynecomastia treatment.
If you have a lot of weight to lose, it may not shrink your breasts back to normal size, due to the stretched-out skin. Going through gynecomastia surgery from an experienced surgeon is an option for that.
Male Breast Reduction Surgery
Another surgical treatment of gynecomastia involves male breast reduction surgery. This type of gynecomastia surgery often involves liposuction to remove fat and scalpel surgery to remove glandular tissue.
Disclaimer: Results may vary significantly from patient to patient due to individual differences.
A plastic surgeon does this male breast surgery, which takes 60-90 minutes. It’s an outpatient procedure, meaning no overnight stay, and it often dramatically improves appearance by getting rid of man boobs.
Note: Consult best cosmetic surgeons at ALCS for gynecomastia surgery in Jaipur at an affordable cost.
When To Consider Male Breast Reduction Surgery
Gynecomastia is usually not a life-threatening condition. Moreover, you can get rid of man boobs with proper exercise and diet if extra weight is the reason behind gynecomastia.
However, if you feel self-conscious about enlarged male breasts or have any other underlying condition, you can consider male breast reduction surgery.
You are a good candidate for gynecomastia surgery if:
- you experience discomfort due to enlarged breasts
- you have healthy weight as this surgery does not yield good results in overweight or obese people
- you have tried other methods to reduce the size of your chest but were unsuccessful
- you feel depressed or experience issues in self-esteem due to man boobs
- you do not use excessive alcohol, steroids, or marijuana as these substances may lead to gynecomastia
Before Male Breast Reduction Surgery
Your plastic surgeon will tell you certain precautions as well as lifestyle changes before and after the gynecomastia surgery. You must follow these instructions carefully if you want to see positive results of this surgery. In addition to these, some general things that you must keep in mind before male breast reduction surgery are:
- Stop smoking at least four weeks before the surgery. Nicotine can impair your healing process after the surgery and that is why you must also avoid nicotine patches or other nicotine products.
- Do not go for sunbathing during two weeks before the surgery. This is because tanning may result into permanent scars from the male breast surgery.
- Stop taking aspirin and related products as well as blood thinning medications two weeks before the surgery. These may lead to increase in bleeding during the surgery.
- Buy chest compression garment in advance after consultation with your surgeon as you may need to wear it over your t-shirt after the surgery.
- Make necessary arrangements to stock all daily items in places where you can reach them easily after the surgery.
- Stay well hydrated before the surgery. This goes before any kind of surgery as dehydration may interfere with recovery.
After Gynecomastia Surgery- Recovery and Post Operative Care
Your recovery from male breast reduction surgery will depend on the severity of your condition and the complexity of your surgery. Your plastic surgeon will recommend you the best aftercare plan but you must also keep following things in mind for faster and safe recovery:
- Take complete rest at home for first three days after the surgery. You may not need to spend the whole time on the bed, however, and can sit, watch TV, or have meals in the kitchen.
- Avoid heavy shoulder movement for first few days. You may move your body up to waist or elbow.
- You can resume low impact activities after 2-3 weeks but you’ve to consult your plastic surgeon before resuming heavy exercises.
- Avoid direct exposure to sun or tanning until swelling or bruising is subsided. Sun rays can lead to an intensification of scars from surgery.
- There may be a loss of sensation in the area of surgery. This is normal and does not interfere with day to day functioning. It may take up to one year for sensations to become completely normal.
Cost of Gynecomastia Treatment
The cost of male breast reduction surgery will depend on individual conditions as well as on the experience of your surgeon. It will also depend on the technique of surgery so you must discuss these matters with your cosmetic surgeon in advance.
Most importantly, you must select a surgeon based on his qualifications and experience instead of financial aspects.
ALCS Clinic offers male breast reduction surgery in Jaipur at economical costs.
For More Info, Contact Us at 75687 88885 or 75687 88886 .