Chemical Peels Treatment
Chemical peels help to create a younger, fresher look by improving the texture of your skin. They can help to reduce the signs of ageing, treat scars and blemishes and create healthier, firmer looking skin without the need for cosmetic urgery.
A facial peel from ALCS Jaipur could help if you have any of the following:
- fine lines or wrinkles
- acne or acne scars
- sunspots or freckles
- uneven or greasy skin
The aim is to rejuvenate the face giving you smoother, softer, blemish free skin.
How does a chemical peel work?
Chemical peels remove the top layer or layers of skin using a chemical preparation. As the new skin grows back, it is normally smoother than before and imperfections are reduced.
There are various types of chemical peel – superficial, medium and deep. They achieve different results depending on your needs and recovery times vary.
Superficial chemical peels are easy to apply and the time needed for healing is minimal, but they won’t achieve long lasting or dramatic results. Superficial peels aim to smooth and brighten the skin. They are suitable for those who don’t have time to recover from a deeper peel or don’t want any visible peeling.
Medium chemical peels can achieve more noticeable and long lasting results for surface blemishes, fine lines and facial scarring, such as acne scarring.
A deep peel will help reduce more severe facial wrinkles and is often used around the mouth and eyes.
One deep peel may be enough to achieve the desired result, while a course of superficial peels may be needed to achieve the desired results.
Before Chemical Peels Treatment
- Before a chemical peel procedure, your doctor will examine your condition thoroughly including a physical examination as well as checking your medical history.
- Depending on the type of peel (superficial, medium or deep), your doctor may put on you on a pre-treatment procedure. During this program, you may have to apply certain gels or lotions for some weeks.
- If you have a medical history of herpes around the mouth, your doctor may prescribe anti-viral medication to prevent viral infection after chemical peels.
- You may also have to take certain oral medications before undergoing chemical peel treatment.
Chemical peels take between 30 minutes and an hour, and you will be able to return home straight away. Depending on the type of peel you have, your will begin to peel two to three days after the procedure, and the new smoother skin will emerge.
As with any cosmetic procedure, it is important that you review your expectations thoroughly before you decide to proceed. Your specialist will explain the results you can expect from each type of peel and will discuss the associated risks and alternatives before going ahead.
Note: Feel free to contact ALCS for best chemical peel treatment in Jaipur and say goodbye to skin issues at economical costs.
After Chemical Peels Treatment
As with any cosmetic procedure, it is important that you review your expectations thoroughly before you decide to proceed. Your specialist will explain the results you can expect from each type of peel and will discuss the associated risks and alternatives before going ahead. However, you must also keep following points in mind for better recovery after chemical peels treatment:
- Your doctor may apply petroleum jelly or other protective ointments over the treated skin immediately after the chemical peel. This often happens in the case of deep peels.
- In the case of deeper peels, you may also experience some pain along with redness and swelling. If pain persists, contact your doctor for some pain medications.
- Your skin will be red or pink after the treatment and may continue to stay so for some weeks.
- Avoid direct and indirect sun exposure until redness of your skin has gone away.
- Always use sunscreen and wide brimmed hat while going out in the sun even after the skin has turned normal after chemical peels treatment.
- Phenol peel often eliminates the ability of your skin to get tanned so you must especially keep the above point in mind if you have gone through phenol peel.
- Wear sunglasses of good quality if you have sought chemical peel for the area near your eyes.
Cost of Chemical Peels Treatment
Depending on the type of chemical peels, costs may vary from individual to individual. It will also depend on the area of skin for which you are seeking chemical peels treatment. Always have an open discussion with your skin specialists and doctors for the best chemical peels treatment that is suitable for your condition.
You can always contact ALCS Skin Clinic if you want economical and best chemical peels treatment in Jaipur to say goodbye to skin issues.
In addition to chemical peels, ALCS Clinic also offers specialized cosmetic surgeries under Dr. Sunil Arora who is the best plastic surgeon in Jaipur having won numerous awards and honors.