Breast Lift Surgery (Mastopexy)
Breast lift surgery or Mastopexy has emerged as one of the popular cosmetic surgeries for women. It is used to reshape breasts. With age, breasts can go through decrease in volume, become uneven, and nipples may drop due to effect of gravity.
Disclaimer: Results may vary significantly from patient to patient due to individual differences.
Breast lift, may be performed to deal with these problems and enhance the shape of the breast and create a more youthful contour and appearance. Many females in the modern world turn to plastic surgeons for going through a breast lift procedure to regain the firm and youthful appearance to their breasts.
Note: ALCS experts give you personalized attention in a safe and secure environment with 100% privacy and give you the best advice for a breast lift surgery in Jaipur.
Before opting for mastopexy, you must understand the potential risks as well as benefits of this female breast surgery.
Are You A Good Candidate for Mastopexy?
There are several considerations you must keep in mind before deciding to have a breast lift procedure. These points determine if you can be a good candidate for mastopexy or not:
- you have different looking breasts (for example, if one is firmer and more well-positioned than the other)
- your breasts are small or not equal in size
- breasts lack firmness and nipples sag below the breast crease
- you have finished bearing children and do not plan to get pregnant or do breastfeeding again. This is because effects of breast lift surgery can be compromised by pregnancy as it stretches the breasts and reduce their volume
- this surgery often leaves scars although that would be hidden with your inner wear
Breast Lift Procedure
A mastopexy may be performed under local anesthesia with sedation, or under a general anesthetic. Multiple techniques may be used, depending on the nature and degree of ptosis.
Breast implants are sometimes used in conjunction with mastopexy, or even as an alternative to mastopexy for correction of modest ptosis ( also termed pseudoptosis ).
Most breast lift surgeries involve placing an incision around the areola ( the pigmented skin around the nipple ), and sometimes under the nipple and within the fold under the breast.
Excess skin is removed, and the breast is reshaped to recreate a more youthful appearance. The surgery usually lasts for one or two hours and can be performed on an outpatient basis.
Types of Breast Lift Incisions
Depending on the amount of breast sagging, your plastic surgeon may choose the technique of breast lift from the following types of incision patterns:
- Anchor incision- It is the oldest technique often used with breast reduction. It is commonly used if you have severe sagging. The incision is made along the perimeter of the areola. This technique, however, leaves the maximum amount of scarring.
- Lollipop lift- Also known as keyhole incision, this technique can help you if you have moderate sagging but do not want breast implants.
- Donut lift- It is also called periareolar incision. You can use this technique with breast implants if you have significant sagging of breasts.
- Crescent Lift- It is less commonly used than other techniques. The incision is made along the upper half of the areola. If you have minor sagging, your plastic surgeon may recommend you this procedure along with breast augmentation.
- Scarless lift- If you are more concerned about volume loss than sagging, you can go for scarless procedures along with breast implants. Although these are scarless, there will be a use of minor incisions of some sort although they will be hidden.
After Breast Lift- Recovery and Post Operative Care
- Pain and discomfort following the surgery are typically controlled with oral pain medication and are not severe.
- Stitches are removed within seven to ten days after surgery, and within one week most patients can return to work.
- The surgeon may recommend wearing a support bra for a few weeks after surgery.
- While most bruising resolves in a week or two, some swelling may persist for four to six weeks or longer, depending on the exact nature of the surgery and the patient.
- You may experience some side effects of breast lift. These include numbness, change in nipple sensitivity, an increase in firmness of breast tissue, itching sensation on incision spots. These effects will subside within few weeks although you may face residual effects for up to three months after the surgery.
- Make sure you sleep on your back so that there is no pressure on your breasts.
- Avoid bending, lifting, or stretching activities as they may increase swelling or may even cause bleeding.
- Do not engage in extreme physical activities for minimum two weeks after the surgery. Even after this period, make sure to be very gentle with your breasts for a few months.
- Incisions may be red or pink for many weeks after the surgery. This is normal and they will automatically return to the normal tone.
Cost of Breast Lift Procedure
The cost of a breast lift surgery may vary from individual to individual and depends primarily on the experience of your plastic surgery. More than cost, you must ensure that you are in a good cosmetic surgery clinic where expert surgeons can take care of your mastopexy.
When you approach ALCS for a breast lift surgery in Jaipur, you get a mastopexy procedure under the expert hands of the best cosmetic surgeon in Rajasthan. So, feel free to contact us if you want to get rid of drooping or sagging breasts.